Friday, February 17, 2012

Remarks on Citizenship

Intro:
The idea behind this blog was originally suggested by one of my GSIs for a group project. Instead, I have decided to use this blog to create a space in which I can analyze and cultivate thoughts regarding the concept of "citizen" and "citizenship" in preparation for a thesis paper.

This blog may be a combination of ranting and analysis and will include and use different cultural forms (i.e. literary, audio, visual, etc).

I hope this blog inspires you and challenges you to think.

What makes a citizen?
What does it mean to be a citizen?
Who is and who is not entitled to the rights of citizenship?
___

Citizenship is a complex concept and the term citizen itself is loaded with meaning, especially in relation to time and space.

Depending on the field and lens through which one analyzes "citizen" -- there will be different understandings and different histories.

No comments:

Post a Comment